Tasks of the Bureau of Data on Money Laundering
The Law on Suppression of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, § 37, p.1, regulates the activities of the Bureau.
- gathering, registering, processing and analysis of information. In the course thereof, the significance of the information submitted to the Bureau for the prevention, identification or investigation of money laundering, criminal offences related thereto and terrorist financing are assessed;
- to inform the persons who submit information to the Bureau of the use of the information submitted for the purposes specified in clause 1) of this section in order to improve the performance of the notification obligation;
- tracing criminal proceeds and application of the enforcement powers of the state on the bases and within the scope provided by law;
- to supervise the activities of obligated persons in complying with this Law, unless otherwise provided by law;
- public disclosure of the information on prevention and identification of money laundering and terrorist financing, analysing the respective statistics, and preparing and publishing an aggregate overview at least once a year;
- cooperation with obligated persons, investigative bodies and police institutions in the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- training obligated persons, investigative bodies, prosecutors and judges in matters related to prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- organisation of foreign communication and exchange of information pursuant to § 46;
- exercising supervision over the application of the measures specified in clauses 3 (1) 3) to 5) of the International Sanctions Act, unless otherwise provided by the Act or legislation of the European Union.